Friday, October 23, 2009

Yesterday

I'd write more often, but there's nothing that won't completely bore you away. My days seem to be the same juggling act. I alternate between cleaning and studying, all the while counting down the minutes until the next nap, whereupon I can indulge in such luxuries as going to the bathroom or eating.

Oh, and I'm getting over a wicked chest cold. That's the best moment ever, when you just get the baby to sleep but you feel that tickle in your lungs and you know that the cough will wake him up but you have to wait until he's REALLY asleep before you can put him down so you stand there, frantically rocking back and forth, breath held, eyes watering, lungs screaming, willing yourself to hold it in. I have yet to be successful.

You know how it's sometimes interesting on your birthday to look back at "what was popular then"? In my case, the Blue Jays were created mere days after I was born. The Winter Olympics were in Innsbruck, Austria. The Ramones released their self-titled debut album with the classic "Blitzkrieg Bop", etc.. But is all that what I was really experiencing at the time? Probably not. I have a feeling these facts were completely irrelevant to my actual life.

So I thought I'd give Mac a little instructional. Mac, when you look back to the year and time of your birth, the summer of 2009, I want you to play the song "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. I had it on my iPod's Labour Playlist, so it played over and over. Then I was so traumatized by said experience that for months I couldn't listen to it, only by then of course it was being played everywhere. Oprah even did this big flash mob thing to it (flash mobs are very big, by the way). But yesterday you watched me leap and dance inelegantly (but with energy) around the kitchen to it, proving that I am indeed much improved. So there you go, the soundtrack to your infancy, even if it is "so yesterday" already.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON