Saturday, August 15, 2009

GiST

Today's Grace in Small Things:

1. Sleep
2. Sleep
3. Sleep
4. Sleep
5. Sleep

I woke up completely astonished to see 2:55 AM on the clock. Mac slept from 10 PM to 3 AM last night, giving me five hours of uninterrupted sleep for the first time since before I went into labour over a month ago.

I would love to say it's something we did but I'm smarter than that. It's the luck of the draw. There is no guarantee that tonight will go the same way. We have had some success in getting him to go back to sleep in the cradle. He fights it like mad, but he fought going to sleep in our arms, too. Seriously, he punches and kicks and screams and pinches and rips. It's always the same battle, we've just moved it to the crib. And he still falls asleep eventually.

I may not get another night like last night again, so I'm very grateful. It was a much appreciated treat and it does wonders for my state of mind.

Labels: ,

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON