Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Canada Day Eve

Trevor is working tonight and Mac is blessedly asleep. So I should be diving right into those books, right? Ha. I think I had more focus in grade nine when homework happened "just after Fresh Prince of Bel Air."
"Okay, just after Family Matters."
"Okay, I swear, just after the Much Music Top Ten...".
"OH MY GOD IT'S SO LATE I'M NEVER GOING TO FINISH THIS I HATE HISTORY AND MY LIFE TOTALLY SUCKS AND MR. R. HATES ME!!!!!!!"

Le sigh. Not much has changed.

After months of rain, it's hot and muggy. Mac has just come through a rough week of chicken pox (got that, son? Yes you've had it and you were 11 months) in which we've had very little sleep. I'm tired and scattered. People are starting to post summery photos of vacations and BBQ's and G20 protest rallies and I just kind of feel... stuck. Homebound. We owe so many people invites and yet to do so would be to commit myself to a day's worth of cleaning and shopping and preparing and there's this damn Anatomy class to think about.

So I sit here, not being social, and certainly not studying. Just a melting puddle in a silent house. On the other hand, thank God it is actually silent for once. Here's to all of us getting some sleep tonight.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON