Thursday, May 27, 2010

Student Life

I'm sorry I don't post more often. I'll be even more sorry in about five years when I look back and wish I'd left myself more detail. This blog is my memory box, after all. Mac is growing so quickly. He does something new, funny, terrifying and completely endearing every day. Things I want to remember.

But school, quite frankly, is kicking my ass and I have the bruised ego to show for it. See, my previous degree, a BA with Honours in English, was earned through all-nighters and plenty of bullshit, and maybe a side or two of buck-a-draft. I even worked full time. You can do that with Literature and sort of get away with it.

Nursing? Not so much. I actually study, now, even though it's not easy to find as much time as I'd like with Mac around. When I sit down I make sure it counts. I'm focussed, my notes are tidy, I draw concept maps, I read the material carefully. I've never been this mature and dedicated when it comes to school. And yet I'm in danger of flunking Anatomy / Physiology.

I'm hoping it won't come to that. I'm too proud to let it happen, even if it means I have to have even less of a social life (almost not possible - I stood up my own grandmother last week). I just have to be careful. It's a dangerous time, psychologically, with no social life, no CrossFit (sacrificed due to budget and snapped tendon), and a truckload of stress. But I'm hoping to stay on top of it, to remain calm and to, above all else, enjoy the ride. This might be the last time I get to be a student in the classic sense. And funny enough, being a student actually means more time with Mac, for which I'm exceedingly grateful.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON