Thursday, January 07, 2010

SleeeeezzzzZZZZZzzzzeeep

Ow, ow, ow! I sat on my foot for probably 40 minutes straight and it fell asleep - very asleep - and I only realized when the phone rang and I had to fight through that horrible feeling to find the phone, only I tripped on the highchair, pulling the highchair table off in the process, which landed on said foot, and so on.

It's a gong show around here. I blame it on sleep deprivation, which also accounts for my scarfing of every last cookie, candy or bit of chocolate in the house. I'm just trying to function. Sugar makes that happen.

I watched a video online about "contented baby sleep" that insists condescendingly that a baby should be capable of sleeping through the night by six months and all you need to do is blah-blah-blah. Something about her delivery makes me want to punch her in the face (again, could be sleep deprivation).

Obviously Mac is NOT sleeping through the night. He hasn't since that golden age of two months old. He's not up every hour, sure (shout out to my friends who are going through that difficult 4-month every-hour-on-the-hour phase. Ouch). But he's up pretty consistently throughout the night. I'm grateful it's not for long stretches. Well, that is until 5 AM. 5 AM is the new Happy Wake Up Fun-Fun Time!! But it's just consistent enough that I don't really get a deep sleep. And eight separate naps don't equal a full night's sleep.

I look forward, so forward, to the day that I can post OMG, HE SLEPT FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT AND I'M SO WONDERFULLY RESTED NOW LET'S GO LEARN SOME ANATOMY!!!!

Today is not the day.

Mistakes I may or may not have made recently:
- nursing him to sleep when he goes to bed
- nursing him to sleep when he wakes up
- nursing him in the hopes that he will sleep, even when he's wide awake.

I'm a one-trick pony these days.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



4 comments:

Blogger Tyler ~ 4:08 PM

From the kid's POV, that one trick ain't all that bad. He will be strong like bull.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 4:27 PM

He was born in the Year of the Ox, too, so he strong like bull, stubborn as an Ox. Ox beats Dragon in my world.  


Anonymous Aaron ~ 9:42 AM

So your foot gets better sleep than the rest of you, eh?
What's the trick when Trevor has trouble falling asleep?  


Blogger Amalia ~ 10:13 AM

Ha! I can't believe I missed that obvious connection. Again, so tired.

I wouldn't know about Trevor. He's on his own. Something involving that other 'mother's milk', scotch.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON