Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Grace in Small Things: Due Date

Well, this is it. And by that I mean today is my 'due date'. But little else is happening. There are no signs that labour is imminent and even the Baby Doctor is guessing another week at least. Thankfully, he also doesn't believe in the 40-week due date myth.

Though he did brighten up when offering to strip my membranes, which I politely declined. Even if it's completely innocuous, frankly, I just don't like the way it sounds. There will be no stripping of anything around here.

Meanwhile, here are some things to be thankful for:

1. Special labour music mixes from my loved ones. I asked them to surprise me, hoping that new music will provide a distraction.

And in the house:
2. In place of nicotine-stained carpet in the living room, we now have straight, smooth, shiny 'summer oak' (the original restored).
3. In place of a cramped, useless, mouldy front entrance, we now have an open, tiled space.
4. In place of nicotine-stained pink walls, we have soft cream offset with one light avocado wall.
5. In place of a crumbling fence, our yard is now bordered with beautiful smelling cedar.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON