Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Marital Conversations: Pain

Trev and Working do their doula assigned homework, filling out a questionnaire:

WORKING: (Reading results) So we’re pretty much on the same page about labour.
TREVOR: Yup.
WORKING: Except question 2, “how painful do you think labour is?” You put down that on a scale of 1-10, 10 being unbearable, my pain will only be an eight. Next time, you better just assume it’s going to be a 10.
TREVOR: Well, it’s not like your guts are being blown up on the beaches of Normandy.
WORKING: But those guys go into shock! You know, “Sergeant, I can’t feel my legs!”
TREVOR: Fine. Then it’s not like falling down and hitting your tailbone.
WORKING: (opens up laptop)
TREVOR: Or stubbing your toe on something metal.
WORKING: (starts typing)
TREVOR: Childbirth? Enh, maybe an eight.*
WORKING: "maybe an eight".
TREVOR: Oh come on. Don’t blog this. You are not blogging this.
WORKING: Mmhmm.
TREVOR: I’ll have every woman coming after me. And not in the usual way.
WORKING: (ignores)
TREVOR: I'm just not opening my mouth anymore.

*He's kidding. I think.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Tyler ~ 7:47 PM

He can try to not give you blog-worthy quotes, but he's like Tracey: he won't be able to help himself.

Thank God.  


Anonymous angdesj ~ 9:17 PM

Have I got a tailbone story for you!!! Next time I see you in person I will share:)  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON