Wednesday, June 03, 2009

35 Weeks

Wow. I can see the peak of the mountain....

The baby still moves quite a bit. I haven't seen a hand or foot poking out the side or anything, just round, hard lumps pushing out here and there. Baby Doctor said we both hit a major growth spurt over the last two weeks, so I'm cutting back on my sugar intake. I've never had a sweet tooth, until recently, and it's doing neither of us any favours. (Trevor and Sisters: no matter how much I whine, NO MORE DONUTS. Or Dilly Bars. Or licorice or pancake pig-outs).

CrossFit should also help keep the weight in check over the next few weeks. Classes are going well. My knees don't quite get to the floor on lunges and my squats don't quite get all the way down. My chin-ups are still assisted from a box. My rows don't go over a pace of 28 strokes, so 3000 meters takes me awhile. Overall, my pace is slower and I'm taking more breaks (yup, often to pee). Also, I'm bowing out of the Wall Ball challenge (we were supposed to increase by one wall ball every day for 100 days). But we still go three times a week, I always do the Rx'd number of reps, and I'm committing to 20 wall balls every day that I go. Since my only goal was to keep showing up to class for the duration of the pregnancy, and I have, well, I'm going to consider it a success.

The living room is drywalled for the most part, just needs to be taped, mudded, painted... sanded.... tiled.... okay, there's still a lot to do. But I'm not freaked about it. It'll get done when it gets done and it won't affect the arrival of The Kid in any way. I should, however, get the spare room tidied up. It looks like a baby apparel consignment store blew up in there.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Tyler ~ 8:41 AM

I think it's really impressive that you've been going to CrossFit throughout your pregnancy. I played a pregnant man in a school play once and, let me tell ya, all I wanted to do was sit on my ass.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 9:47 AM

Well, that's basically what I do the rest of the time, anyway.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON