Sunday, May 31, 2009

Psychic Phenomenon

About a week ago my uncle came over for coffee. As he was leaving, he said he was headed out to his ranch to do some work. My brain instantly had the following conversation with itself: he shouldn't be going out there alone. He could get hurt. I wonder what he would do if he got seriously hurt? Call someone on his cell phone?

The next day, Uncle drove himself into the city, a little groggy from what he thought was 'a nap in the truck'. To make a long story short, he ended up in the hospital, diagnosed with a cracked skull, some major bruising, and broken fingers. My dad went out to the ranch to look around and near as he can deduce, Uncle fell off the roof of his house. There's not telling how long he was unconscious, but it could have been hours. Then he drove himself into the city. I'm happy to report that aside from a cracked skull and no memory of the incident at all, he seems to be okay.

***

Yesterday, my Reflexologist, who has a reputation for being rather prescient, suddenly looked up from my feet and straight at me (which is disconcerting in and of itself because he is completely blind), and said, "something is going to happen on June 14th." He then hastened to say it could be as little as false labour. But still.

So I told him about my 4 year-old nephew, who's had a streak of unsettling psychic episodes lately. "I asked him if the baby in my tummy was a boy or a girl and he said--"
"Boy," the Reflexologist interjected.
"Right."

So, it'll be interesting to see if either of them are right.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 10:26 AM

Hmmmmm Craig's birthday is on the 14th........ I am hoping that baby will wait until school is done.....but I guess that he/she will come when he/she wants....
Mom A  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON