Monday, May 11, 2009

Dear Baby: Gender

Dear Baby,
If one day I say to you, "I just had a feeling you were going to be a girl / boy," then feel free to call me on it because I AM LYING. This week I will be 32 weeks pregnant and frankly, I don't have a clue. I haven't had any deep, maternal inklings about you being masculine or feminine. But I am pretty sure you have an elbow. Then again, I can't really tell a foot from an elbow so who knows. Dr. Miller has to tell me every time which way you're facing.

Maybe your dad is more prescient. I'll ask him right now:

WORKING: Trev, what do you think the baby's going to be? Boy or girl?
TREV: Um, I think that it's going to be a boy. But there's also a very good chance that it's going to be a girl.
WORKING: Helpful.
TREV: Whatever it's going to be, it's going to be completely dependent on us.
WORKING: You're still freaked out about that.
TREV: I can barely take care of you and me.

He is, of course, referring to the fact that the phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook with job offers. So, there, Baby. Present yourself as you will.

Love,
Working (your mom)

p.s. Lay off the bladder. I'm serious. It hurts when you do that.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON