Friday, May 29, 2009

Citizens' Arrest (I Wish)

I pulled up to the dog park to witness all of these plastic bags rolling around in the wind. A bunch of people seemed to standing there, just watching them. So I walked up to one lady. "What's with the plastic bags?"
"They blew out of the ones on the fence." She was referring to the bags of bags that generous types tie to the fence for other people to use.*
"Is anyone going to do anything about it?" I asked.
"Who, like, the City?" the lady looked confused.
"No, the people just standing there!" I replied.
"I'm not chasing a bag in the wind!" She seemed angry I'd even suggest it.
"Well, we could at least try to get some of them," I said, stomping off.
But the lady was not the worst part of the whole thing. The worst part was the four other dog owners, all men, all aged 30 - 60, who then watched me, a heavily pregnant woman, run around a field chasing bags AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO HELP. One guy even stood there and watched as a bag roll past right him.

There are no words.

*Despite the free bags, there remains an inexcusable amount of dog crap all over the park.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Unknown ~ 7:08 AM

Good greif. I am continually amazed at the ignrance of people. I too struggle to understand the phenomenon of people doing nothing, especially about litter in my dog park (Pupotwn Chicago).

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to share your stroy with our dog park and forward it on to voxometer.com (universal suggestion box).

Thanks - jlenti@voxometer.com  


Blogger Amalia ~ 7:33 AM

Absolutely. Thanks!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON