Wednesday, May 13, 2009

32 Weeks

It feels too soon to be 32 weeks. Which is funny, because at 31 weeks, a mere three days ago, I was complaining that this whole pregnancy thing is taking forever.

I'm not ready. I don't have diapers, bedding, names, the cradle is in pieces in the garage, and we've only made it to "Active Labour" phase in the childbirth classes. What if I go into labour before I find out what comes after Active Phase?!

It's not that I haven't done anything; I've gratefully accepted bagloads of clothes and various baby accessories from friends. I've banked up a lot of nap time, on the advice of every sleepy parent I've encountered. I've practiced labour breathing in between sets at CrossFit (of course, I didn't know that's what I was doing until a Doula and fellow Crossfitter told me that's exactly what I'm doing).

So, basically, I'm ready?

In other, non-baby related news... oh, who am I kidding. There is no non-baby related news. I'm unemployed and 32 weeks pregnant. This is my life.

Labels:

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



4 comments:

Blogger Tyler ~ 9:55 AM

It's a cliche, but it's true: If everyone waited until they were ready to have a kid, no one ever would.

But you might want to get that crib put together. Just sayin'. : )  


Blogger Eden ~ 3:26 PM

Go with disposable for a few weeks. Seriously. You don't need the hassle of changing an ill-fitting diaper every 2 hours (or more frequently)in the first few weeks.  


Blogger Hildy ~ 12:34 PM

I'm still not ready...and Madeleine turned 11 a month ago. You'll be fine...just keep moving.  


Blogger Elan Morgan ~ 3:32 PM

I can't believe that you are at 32 weeks already. Time is a maniac.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON