Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grace in Small Things

1. Seeing Charlie and Kiwi hanging out in the sun together on the back deck. Those two are inseparable.
2. Robins bouncing around on sidewalks.
3. Peeling a big chunk of horsehair glue off the pine floor all at once. It hasn't happened to me - I've only been getting the fibers off in excruciating bits - but it was satisfying to see Trevor get one. I imagine it's not dissimilar to the feeling you get when wallpaper comes off in big, easy strips.
4. In my belly, instead of feeling just kicks, having my hand in the right place at the right time to feel an actual shape move. Shoulder? Head? Bum? Not sure, but it was solid and very, very real.
5. Soft, white Paska bread with raisins. It makes me wish I was Ukrainian and had had grown up with it. But then I think about my Grandma's Easter buns, shaped like little chicks, and I realize that Paska bread is now a substitute for something I loved just as much.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON