Friday, January 30, 2009

Switchback / Street Cents

Right. So, if I’m leaving the industry for real, I think I should start paying tribute to those with whom I’ve worked. So, if I worked with you, you’re either going to get a ‘thank you’ or the virtual finger. Which will it be? Stay tuned!

It’s unusual that I even got to be on television because we didn’t even own a TV until I was in grade 6 or so. I can’t remember how or why I was invited to be on Switchback. I do remember I had to learn how to do the two-step backstage with a dance instructor, and then dance it with a boy in front of a live studio audience.

I also don’t remember how I got onto Street Cents, or even what the story was. But I do remember we shot it at the old drug store in Golden Mile Shopping Mall. And I think I had lines. I don’t think I did very well. It’s possible it didn’t even air.

While it may seem that these are experiences a kid would remember vividly, I honestly don’t. I think I was so embarrassed that I blocked it. I probably had every reason to be embarrassed; I always knew I wasn't a natural. What I do remember vividly is the rush of being involved with a production, and maybe that’s the part that stuck with me.

Labels: ,

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger JuliaMazal ~ 10:13 AM

Street Cents was awesome. I left the industry too (we never worked together). :-) Love the "grace in small things". All the best!  


Blogger Amalia ~ 12:09 PM

Hey, Julia, well met! I'm checking out your blog. Love connecting with other writers / Cdn. television survivors.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON