Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Dear Radio 2 Morning

Dear Tom Allen,
I know the content of your show today (Tues. Jan. 6th) is primarily listener-driven, but I can't take it anymore. The 'Play List for Obama'* seems to suggest so far that Canada is completely stuck in decades past and it makes for simply awful morning radio, at least to me (female, 30+).

Yes, I realize I could suggest a song myself, but it's way too bloody early for my brain to function that way. I really depend on you to soundtrack my morning and this won't do. Changing the station now to - yuck - lite FM, but may try your show again tomorrow.

Yours Sincerely,

Working in Regina

*So far this morning, the songs that best represent ALL of Canada:

Gordon Lightfoot Song For A Winter's Night ("We're folksy!")
Susan Aglukark O Siem ("Why can't we all just get along?")
Buffy Sainte Marie Universal Soldier (That's it. I'm going back to bed.)

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 2:13 PM

I should probably comment on the baby posts, but instead I'm going to say that it saddens me beyond belief that Tom Allen's previous CBC classical show was changed. He was so funny and interesting then. Call me if you want to talk baby.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON