Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Big Whine

I haven’t posted because I’m waiting for a point where posting wouldn’t be just a big stinky stack of whining. Well, it’s not going to happen. So let the whining commence:

- the dog tore her cruciate ligament in her knee. Statistically speaking, the surgery supposedly has decent results. Anecdotally, however (now I know why my vet told me not to check the Internet), it seems like a wholly unnecessary, and often harmful, not to mention ridiculously expensive surgery that could or could not lead to suffering and death. I LOVE decisions like these.

- Trev and I have started working out so, yeah, I hurt all the time. And yet I still have to lie down on the bed to get my jeans done up, and then I spend the day feeling like my lower extremities are being cinched off from blood supply.

- My face rejected the move to the prairies. My cheeks are scaly and raw and my eyelids might actually fall off. So I can’t wear makeup. I now look as old and tired as I feel.

- Work. I don’t / won’t / can’t talk about it. Just know it needs to be on this list.

Now that I’ve whined, maybe I’ve crossed some cosmic barrier and the good shall flow forth.

Meanwhile, this is what a dog looks like hopped up on morphine:

This is what our new bed looks like. I do like it very much:

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



3 comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan ~ 11:05 AM

My face had rejected my 30s with persistent acne.  


Blogger bstockton ~ 7:06 AM

Where did you get the bed? We need one of those.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 7:14 AM

Schmutzie: yup, that's happening too.

Brian: we got it at a little furniture store right across from Value Village on Broad. Can't remember the name at the moment.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON