Monday, August 04, 2008

Self Soothing

Saturday morning I was awake and anxiety ridden by 5AM. To make myself feel better, I spent two hours researching jobs and schools. I didn’t feel better.

I heard a great term today: “self soothing”. The technique of talking oneself down. It describes the weekend perfectly.

First, Trev and I packed up approximately 20% of our stuff. Turns out it was the 20% that was making me feel claustrophobic.

Second, we drove to the west end for some great BBQ at G.’s. G. will be sharing a uhaul back to SK with us. He looked so sad last night. But I was heartened to hear my own reluctant husband offering him the pep talk.  

Third, we watched some great frickin’ television this weekend. I highly recommend The Band’s Visit, a sweet little film featuring very good Israeli and Palestinian actors. And then, Californication. The entire season in a weekend. It was that good.*

So, I consider myself soothed.  

P.S.  If you have a line on Graber brand olives, let me know.  The Big Carrot was the only place I knew that carried them in stock.  Not any longer.  I'm starting to get the shakes.

*That is to say, right up to the very last scene, which wasn't good.  As Trevor likes to say, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!  Did they think they weren’t getting renewed or something?

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON