Sunday, August 03, 2008

8X365 Lady My Dad Dated

I was a teenager, probably 15 or 16. You were the first woman my dad brought home after he divorced Mom. He might have met you at a single parents' support group. Or maybe he met you at the bar where he used to go line dancing (this was the late 80s). Regardless, it must have gone well because he never brought women home to meet us.

And apparently once was enough cuz I never saw you again. You probably took one look at the line-up of five unhappy and disheveled children and politely took your leave. Or, Dad took one look at his line-up of five unhappy and disheveled children, another look at you, and decided it just wasn't going to work.

And if that didn’t decide it, then I'm sure my patented Glare of Raw Hatred probably sent you running.

I just wanted to apologize.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 7:13 PM

Bravo! I'm really enjoying these.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON