Saturday, August 02, 2008

7X365 Fran the Stylist

I’ve been dying my hair since the early 90’s*. So I’ve had dozens of stylists. But you were my favorite and I think of you often. You never gave me a Becky Conner hair cut. You never neglected to dye the entire right side of my head. You never boasted to have run your last salon into the ground. And you never ranted about how much you hate being a stylist and how you just want to go home, prompting me to ask you not to take it out on my hair**. You simply gave me good colour and good cuts every time.

Then you quit. Something about opening a dance school and it’s a big success and blah-blah-blah. Well, Fran, I’ve never gotten over you and I’m guessing I’m not the only one.

* Prior to that, I was addicted to do-it-yourself spiral perm kits with the world's smallest rollers.
**  This actually happened to me this morning.  Hence the entry.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON