Thursday, July 31, 2008

6X360 John B.

John B.

You were among my parents’ motley crew of friends. Didn't your girlfriend get murdered in South America? Or is that my childhood imagination running amok?

Anyway, it seemed you were always off on adventures to far off places. You were funny. You liked to entertain. My earliest memory of you is of you singing some crazy Boy Scout song. You showed us how to make flying goggles by turning our fingers upside down over our eyes.

Later, you married an elegant Belgian lady and the next time we saw you was in Africa where you introduced us to seafood, fresh from the Indian Ocean. Then we stopped to visit you in Belgium and you introduced us to soft, white breakfast buns filled with butter and Belgian chocolate sprinkles. Best. Breakfast. Ever.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 4:37 PM

100% agree - BEST - BREAKFAST - EVER! I dream about those buns and chocolate...some day...some day!  


Blogger Jon ~ 8:11 AM

A great tribute.  


Blogger Eden ~ 10:47 AM

I think you did make up the first part... but I could be wrong. I do know he saved someone from drowning.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 11:14 AM

He did? Wow. He was such a cool guy.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON