Monday, July 21, 2008

3x360 A.

(Note:  I swear they aren't all going to be this depressing.  I have some amazing people in my life.  But one thing I'm learning about this process is you can't predict the order of memories)

3x360 A.
I don’t even remember your last name. But just now I came across a picture of you (Facebook has a way of ambushing a person) and it instantly transported me to a turning point in my life. 

You were so interesting and I looked forward to getting to know you better as a co-worker. Then things in the office got very tense, politically. Management vs. staff. Lines were drawn. I could see both sides so I tried hard to remain neutral.  

Then I found out you were having a party and I can’t remember your explanation, but it was clear I was seen as standing on the wrong side of the line. In that small office, I was among the very few not invited. The fallout was one of the most socially awkward and isolating experiences of my adult life.  I did start hanging out with management more because frankly, they were nicer.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger About James ~ 2:38 PM

Scab.


Sorry, I couldn't resist. I like to comment and I know nothing about this.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 10:09 AM

Yeah, well. I've become decidedly more hard-assed in my old age (not literally, unfortunately).  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON