Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rage

It’s very rare, but sometimes I lose my temper to the extent that I break something. Usually something plastic and throwable. I wish I were into throwing plates because maybe broken plates could be glued back together again.

But how the hell am I going to fix the water containment section of the dehumidifier? It’s cheap plastic. Thin, cheap plastic, now in thin, cheap plastic bits.

Sigh.

All I can say is that it was nothing major that lead to my boiling point last night. I can handle major crisis. What I’m not so good at is uncertainty:

  • The job I thought I was going to have for the next year or so fell through.
  • Neither of us have contracts lined up for the fall.
  • Our renters are moving out of our newly purchased home two months earlier than expected. This means a house sits empty two provinces away, while a significant mortgage is drawn religiously out of our bank account, on top of rent.
  • I have two MRI’s this week. I'm told results will be available immediately.
Worse stuff is happening to people all over this world.  Just ask Zimbabweans.  I get that.  It's just  hard to have perspective at the end of an emotionally charged day.

Still, that poor dehumidifier. And poor humans, who will doubtlessly be sliding between sodden sheets tonight.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



7 comments:

Blogger About James ~ 9:23 AM

God, I was almost filled with rage reading that, but the humidifier reservoir? If you threw Trevor, at least he'd heal eventually.

That's all pretty crappy. Try finding renters for two months, or more. It happened pretty easy last time, no?  


Blogger Amalia ~ 11:33 AM

Oh, everything will work out. It always does. And this is only the second plastic thing I've broken in four years, so I'm doing good!  


Blogger Unknown ~ 11:35 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 11:54 AM

I never throw glass! Intentionally!

Look, I know glass doesn't last around here. But it's nothing to do with my temper, darling. It's to do with my enthusiastic dish washing.  


Blogger notquiteawake ~ 1:58 PM

That all sucks! But you're right, things will get better. You are both very talented so you will for sure find jobs...possibly here?..
The mortgage payments will be painfull but you'll get over the hump in no time. You guys are good at budgeting.
AND the MRI's will turn out to be fine.
I just know it.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 1:59 PM

We commented on each other's blogs at the exact same time.  


Blogger notquiteawake ~ 4:23 PM

That's creepy man.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON