Friday, May 23, 2008

Danforth on a Friday Night

It’s late. Trevor and I are walking home from the pub. We pass a young Greek kid in bright hip-hop whites, his arm draped around two short-skirted girls on cell phones.
“Oh, look at this,” Trev says. “That look on his face.”
“It’s like he just figured out what he wants to do with the rest of his twenties.”
“Chase tail.”
“Exactly.”
“How do guys like that end up married?” I ask.
“I have no idea.”
“How did you end up married?”
“I was in love…”
“Aw.”
“… or at least I thought I was.”
“Ha ha. No really. How did you know?”
“I knew the instant I saw you.”
“Really?”
“Really. You had an aura about you.”
“Aww.”
“I said had an aura about you….”
“Very funny.”
“I kid!”
"Mmmhmmm."
"Really. I was kidding."
"Too late. I’m blogging the shit out of this later.”

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON