Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Office Work

There’s something about working in an office environment that wants me to grow my nails longer so that they go click-click-click on my keyboard.

There’s something about working in a building with a cafeteria that makes me want to buy black licorice and coffee three times a day.

There’s something about working in a newsroom that makes me want to have my own mug, complete with a smart-ass saying like, “the more you complain, the less I help.” Or, “I try to take one day at a time (but sometimes several days attack me at once).”

In other news, when you’re out of debt, employed and married, wow, do banks ever treat you differently. I remember trying to get a consolidation loan a few years ago, one of many. I was really on the edge. If the loan didn’t come through, I honestly didn’t know how I was going to make rent or buy food.

It was a squeaker and the bank let me know it. They even made me cut up several credit cards. I felt like a horrible person and vowed to get myself out of the financial mess so I would never have to make that call again.

Today I looked into getting us a car loan. It was a very different experience.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON