Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pregnant?

I could just scream.

I mentioned craving a Chai Latte on Facebook and someone commented that it must be because I’m pregnant and "congratulations!".

I'm sure he was teasing. But oh, what timing. In the last week, THREE people have asked me when I’m expecting.

To Do List:

1. Fix posture IMMEDIATELY.
2. Burn that tent-shaped top.
3. Never put my hand on own belly, even if suffering worst case of indigestion ever.
4. Get to the gym ten times in next week, preferably more.
5. Stop eating, possibly forever.
6. Write article reminding people why they should never, ever, EVER ask. Ever.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



6 comments:

Blogger Jack Hilkewich ~ 10:37 AM

Congrats on the pregnancy!

You'll make a wonderful mom.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 10:56 AM

(shakes fist) One of these days, one of these days... POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!  


Blogger Jacqueline ~ 12:20 PM

Last year....I had two people offer me their seats on the bus....and a taxi cab driver ask me when I was do.

I feel your pain.  


Blogger Jack Hilkewich ~ 3:30 PM

I know that pregnancy causes hormonal changes that can affect the woman's mood but usually they aren't this violent.  


Anonymous Anonymous ~ 4:08 PM

One worker at the spa I frequented in Cambodia didn't want to give me massage because she didn't want to hurt the baby. I've had several other instances of people making comment assuming that I was pregnant.

Why can't people just let the woman take the lead on this one? Like what if the woman had been pregnant and recently miscarried? Do these same people ask every woman with large breasts which plastic surgeon they used?  


Anonymous Anonymous ~ 4:37 PM

I understand a child commenting but an adult should know better.

People should be speechless when it come to commenting on someones body!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON