Monday, July 02, 2007

Depression

As soon as I told everyone under the sun that I’m having a recurrence of Depression, it eased. My psychotherapist gave me a prescription. I put on my desk so that I can look at them every day and decide.

So far, not particularly interested.

I’m not against happy pills and I’m not saying I’ll never take them. Just not today. Because while it's been an exhausting week, it's also been very social, exhilarating and mind-bending. And I feel good.

See, Trevor and I just weathered the first Big Decisions of our married life. I won’t talk about it yet due to jinxing. You know how it is. However, we had to really think about what our marriage means to us, how much leeway we have with each other. What are the deal breakers? (note: none of this involves anything remotely sexual so if you're thinking prostitutes or polyamory, you're very cold)

I know, so serious! So heavy! Did I mention I'm Depressed?

“Honeeeeeey?”
“Whaaaaat?”
“Can you make me some tea?”
“But… aren’t you in the kitchen right now? While I’m all the way over here in the living room?”
“Did I mention I’m Depressed?”

“Wanna maybe do the dishes?”
“Naw.”
“Wanna maybe take a shower?”
“Um, no.”
“Wanna maybe hand me that popsicle stick stuck to your face?”
“I’m Depressed.”
“Wanna get sushi?”
“Hell yeah!”
"Gee, that sure perked you up."

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON