Thursday, June 28, 2007

Meme: Five Things

I got tagged by Reality Faker:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was in University, holding down a couple of jobs. I had just been through a bad break up. My dad had also just remarried and all eight kids were living in the same house for the first time. I was so stressed that my new stepsibs knew me only as the volatile person who growled and slammed a lot of doors.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was sitting right here. Doing virtually the same thing. Only I think I weighed less and I was newly engaged.

5 snacks you enjoy
  • Graber brand olives. Oh god, how I love these so much. I’d divorce Trevor if they asked me to marry them. Yes, I’d marry olives.
  • Triscuit (their Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil flavour is the new crack)
  • Popcorn sprinkled with nutritional yeast
  • Yogurt
  • Pickled Beets (not kidding)
5 songs you know all the words to
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Summertime
  • Row-row-row-your-boat
  • Happy Birthday
  • Oh Canada
5 things you would do if you were a millionaire
  • Sock away 10%
  • Invest 10%, possibly in Graber olives
  • Travel a bit
  • Buy or build a top of the line, eco-friendly, off-the-grid house
  • Renew my Audible.com membership. I desperately miss my audiobooks. The housecleaning has never been more forsaken.
5 bad habits
Okay, but ‘bad’ is subjective. I like to think of these as just habits:
  • Napping for three hours straight on my days off.
  • I can rather messy. And destructive. We have no glass tumblers left.
  • Complaining. Okay, I concede that’s kind of bad. But it’s not my faaaaauuult!
  • I come up with a million great ideas that will “Make Our Lives So Much Better” and ditch them just as quickly.
  • I eat way too fast.
5 things you like doing
  • Walking really hard on the treadmill. There is such a thing as a hard walk. Trevor calls it the “Working Walk”. It’s a bit… aggressive.
  • Holding a Dance Party For One Plus Dog in the middle of my workday
  • Finding a new novel from one of my favourite writers has just come out
  • Going to a movie with my Trevor
  • Going home to visit
5 things you would never wear again
See, this is a trick question. I once swore against bellbottoms but look what happened. Oh sure, you can call them ‘flares’ but it’s a fine line.
  • Hammer pants. Mine were black.
  • Exclamation perfume. It brings up crazy memories.
  • Green faux-leather ankle boots, a la 1950’s Robin Hood
  • Size 6 acid wash jeans. They were too tight then, they’d near kill me now.
  • Diapers, god willing.
5 favourite toys when you were a kid
  • My doll Carla whose eyelashes I pulled out because they scared me. I was one.
  • My red two-wheeler bike.
  • Dress-up clothes from the Blue Mantel charity shop
  • My Sharon, Lois and Bram records
  • Too many books to name
Now, the instructions are very precise about what to do with this but few people I know keep blogs.

So, I tag the following blogs:
Notional Past
James Whittingham
Glacia

Sisters M and S, I tag you by email.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 12:14 PM

I didn't get the email...  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON