Sunday, May 13, 2007

News That's Not Really News

In true Budget Nerd style, Trevor and I crunched the numbers and decided to start trying to get pregnant in 18.5 months.

I’m not kidding.

Okay, well, maybe about the .5 part.

Now that the money’s figured out, there’s The How. Oh, I know The How (learned that on my wedding night, of course). I'm talking about Science. 30 may be the new 20 but that means nothing biologically. I am only 31, but according to my Doctor my eggs are playing Bridge these days.

(Too much info?)

Like anyone my age, it’s occurred to me that Trevor and I may face issues of infertility. Or maybe that is down to all the two weeks of infertility-centered specials the CBC Toronto has blessed us with. In truth, there have been some mild signs that I could have trouble.

But if I do, that’s okay. Trevor and I have decided we’re not interested in the long and expensive road of IVF, etc.. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, we’re okay with that, too.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 8:54 PM

As much as being a mom is crazy-making, I do wish you some of your mother's fertility - parenting's worth all the trouble.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 8:37 AM

My mother's fertility? Oh, "some of". Phew.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON