Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Damn The Luck


Montreal was a disappointment. I should say, I was a disappointment to Montreal.

M. and A. were wonderful hosts (they even sewed a curtain just for us!) and Charlie was ecstatic to see Percy, her Lord and Master.

We did the kind of great things you do in Montreal; we sat on a lilac coloured balcony and drank tea. We went for really great pasta, had fresh bagels and cheese for breakfast. We stuffed our faces at Schwartz’s. We ate amazing Spanish tapas at a place that only artists and club members seem to know about so far. We consumed excellent beer bought at the local depanneur (God, how I love Quebec).

And I was sick the entire time.

Every muscle in my neck screamed at me. My stomach heaved and rumbled. And in the presence of some of Montreal’s finest fare, I could only turn away and lament the sheer unfairness of it all.

And try not to throw up.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON