Thursday, March 08, 2007

Chartreuse

The colour chartreuse always sounded wonderful to me, though I never actually knew what it meant. I think I wrote stories featuring beautiful heroine Carla or Beverly and "her lovely chartreuse locks", no doubt thinking it was in a category with 'mahogany' or 'raven'.

Thanks to Go Fug Yourself, I was suddenly introduced to 'chartreuse yellow' (there are two: chartreuse and chartreuse yellow). It ain't such a lovely word to me anymore.

Though I'm intrigued by the drink. Two monks and 130 secret plants, you say?

The beautiful but deadly Carla suddenly found herself in deepest and darkest jungles of France. "The elusive elixir will be mine," she said, as she pushed back her chartreuse aubergine locks.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 7:02 PM

The drink requires a strong stomach. It's sharply herbal but the color is gorgeous and I'm a sucker for anything made by monks...  


Blogger Amalia ~ 6:51 AM

Mmmmm, herbaaaaal...  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON