Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back To Business As Usual

WORKING: Hey love, how is your day going?
TREVOR: a bit flustering. how about you? where you been?
WORKING: er, napping.
WORKING: I think that's enough sleep by now. Though, I was up at 6AM this morning, in my defense....
TREVOR: Right
WORKING: Jet lag, I swear. Now I'm going to disappear again to do the dishes. Oh, and the laundry. Oh, and the grocery shopping.
WORKING: Damn.
WORKING: I'm going to need to load an audio book onto my iPod if I'm going to do all that.

* * *
WORKING: Dammit, Boomer just tried to strangle herself on my iPod cord and disconnected it while it was downloading. It better not be fried.
WORKING: Aw f***, it's frozen.
WORKING: What do I do?
TREVOR: Press the centre button and Play at the same time for 5-10 seconds
WORKING: Nothing.
TREVOR: keep trying. That should re-boot it.
WORKING: Nope. Grrrrrrrr.
WORKING: Oh, and she just turned on the stereo and composed a whole line of chat to you, too.
WORKING: Oops, look at her fly!!!
TREVOR: ha!
WORKING: Well, this isn't good.
TREVOR: still frozen?
WORKING: completely. What if that's the end of my iPod??!
TREVOR: settle, settle. Keep those thoughts positive. You may not get to use it today but you will tomorrow. My suggestion is to let the battery completely drain and then re-boot it tomorrow. I've done that a few times with the video and the mini. worked every time
WORKING: "If you have an iPod Mini or 4th gen iPod or higher, then you need to press the Menu and Select buttons, not the Menu and Play button, to restart."(www.methodshop.com)
WORKING: ah! It worked.
TREVOR: well done, researcher!
WORKING: I'm sure glad I didn't freak out or anything, heh heh....
WORKING: (cough!)
TREVOR: riiiiiight
WORKING: Well, I did consider doing all sorts of evil things to Boomer.
WORKING: Most involved the Humane Society.
TREVOR: you'd get as far as the lobby.
WORKING: Not even.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON