Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflection

It’s New Years Eve and bloggers everywhere are succumbing to the temptation and making resolutions, each with disclaimers stating that they already know they won’t keep them.

I don’t see anything wrong with resolutions. In one way, they confirm you to be a person of optimism, of eternal hope. Change is possible. Whether you do it or not, at least for a moment you felt inspired.

(Enjoy it. There will be enough reality during that inevitable cold snap towards the end of January.)

On the other hand, there is something to be said for action. We’ve accepted the new budget as rote and so resolutions seem moot. This isn’t just a good idea, it’s the new reality.

I’ve never appreciated what I have more than I do now, for some reason. It’s like I’ve been handed a bit of money and a box of stuff, “here. This is what you have to work with.” We are very fortunate to have a lot to work with. If we can’t buy another single thing for 2 ½ years (groceries aside), we still won’t lack for much, even entertainment. I even broke out my old yoga DVD’s this morning. This afternoon, we’re going to play board games with friends.

Who needs a resolution when you’re already living it.

Happy New Year.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger -atomik kitten ~ 7:04 PM

I am proud to say that I did not give in to the temptation of putting up resolutions. WHOO HOO!!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON