Saturday, December 09, 2006

Comforts

We’re off on an overnight road trip to share some much needed Christmas cheer with some truly excellent people. I’m even related to them, now!

Meanwhile, comfort books. I have certain books I always reach for when I’m down, even though I’ve read them a million times. The Adrian Mole series. Bloom County, or Calvin and Hobbes or For Better or For Worse comics. Anne of Green Gables, Jane Austen, the Amelia Peabody mysteries. Jasper Fforde and Harry Potter. I almost deleted some of those for being way too sappy or typical to admit to, but screw it. Comfort books aren't chosen intellectually.

What are your comfort books?

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 2:24 PM

All right, in the spirit of honesty...
Mercedes Lackey's Serpent's Shadow, Diana Wynne Jones, Garrison Keillor.. others that I can't remember although I brought them when we moved because are still in boxes because I'm embarrassed to display them.  


Anonymous Anonymous ~ 6:33 AM

Lamb by Christopher Moore. Any Roald Dahl books. The Homecoming Series by Cynthia Voigt. Life of Pi. Midsummer Night's Dream and Much Ado About Nothing. And The Princess Bride will be added to this list once I finish it the first time.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON