Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday is A Day of Rest

[Warning: People with kids or insomnia may want to skip the first paragraph]

I slept for 12 hours. A deep, dark, heavy, rejuvenating sleep. I just woke up. My throat feels scratchy and my body stiff. My head, well, it’s like I just trashed most of the documents and .jpg’s littering the desktop and while I feel lighter, I’m not 100% sure I can access all my OS files. Heh.

I’m wearing an “I love Regina” T-shirt and I’m cuddled into a fuzzy blanket my mom sent from the UK. On the TV, Dick Van Dyke Christmas Special (I think I’m sitting on the remote). The new neighbour has just hauled his bike down the stairs. He’s quiet. He gets packages from Greece, from a guy who has immature handwriting and the same last name. A brother, perhaps?

Trevor put a cup of coffee in my hand and went out to walk the dog. I think he’s relieved that strange, manic, rude woman of last night is back to someone he recognizes this morning. Before he left, he suggested we have breakfast shakes and go find lunch on the Danforth. But I don’t know – it looks like this is a Dick Van Dyke marathon. Sally just sang that she needs a man, “Santa, give me an Adam on Christmas Eve”. Ha!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON