Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Swear To God I'm Still Here

I haven’t felt much like posting lately.
(Do you really need to state the obvious?)
I’ve been busy.
(While very true in recent past, your life has recently returned to a normal pace. Stop making excuses.)
I’ve been depressed.
(Oh come off it, you whiner. You had one or two glum days. The rest of the time, all it took was a few dips into that monster bag of corn puffs to completely turn your mood around. That’s hardly depression.(Don’t even deny it - there are corn puffs stuck in the couch cushions.))
I just didn’t feel like writing.
(That’s better.)

So, in the news:
- A very sweet coworker arranged a massage for me two weekends ago. In my relaxed stupor, I was upsold on some really expensive face creams (“your skin is extremely dehydrated. Also, thin skin ages prematurely.” (Note: I had marked on my form that I had medium skin. Imagine my shock to hear the truth)). Fiddling with persnickety creams is not my style (lack of style being my main style), but now I don’t think I can ever go back to my usual regime (1. Poke at any visible spots. 2. Scrub to red with loofah using available shower soap. 3. Coat with any general body cream in reach. 4. Ignore.).

(could you use any more brackets? Seriously.)
Fark off.

- I passed a French entrance exam with moderate colours and accordingly placed at an Intermediate level. I was kind of proud of my Intermediate standing after all these years, until I realized I couldn’t understand the first paragraph on the first page of my new Intermediate exercise book. I shoved it aside and watched TV.

- My first class is tonight. This will be my first book-learning class in almost a decade. I plan to show up with takeout coffee that has one of those dysfunctional lids, look sullen and do a lot of exasperated sighing.

- Trevor and I decided to seriously reduce our cable package and cancel all gym memberships in an effort to save more money. We bought a set of free weights instead and invented the New Plan For a Healthier Us.
Number of days into the New Plan: 2
Number of times we’ve worked out: 0
Number of hours of Battlestar Galactica watched: 4

- Look, I know my grammar and spelling is a friggin' mess. I finally got around to picking up Eats, Shoots and Leaves, so I expect this will improve within months. Or not.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 10:40 AM

Watching Battlestar Galactica is mental excercise. It'll stimulate your entertainment gland, which tones your muscles as you sit and converts potato chips into whey powder.  


Anonymous Anonymous ~ 5:32 PM

You had me giggling through this entire post. Nice!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON