Thursday, November 23, 2006

Achoo!

I have never been so keenly aware of the shape of my skull as I was at 5:00 this morning. The sinus pressure was such that my teeth hurt. I could feel the outlines of my eye sockets, the ridge of my jaw, the notch at the top of my nose, as though everything was pushing out at the muscles and skin.

So I took a pill and now I can’t feel anything. It was probably a bad idea to pop a strong nighttime pill at the beginning of the day, but the relief is sweet.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been this sick. Working at home has it advantages, like the avoidance of daily exposure to germs on public transit. Somehow I still picked up this little demon and it’s kicking my ass.

Enough whining. In other news… oh hell, there is no other news when I’m sick. It’s all snot and Kleenex at this point.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 9:55 AM

Bless you!  


Blogger Elan Morgan ~ 4:05 PM

I am with you. I even brought the laptop to bed with me while I convalesce.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON