Monday, October 30, 2006

Farking Mondays

Yesterday I fell on some concrete steps and bruised my ass. Then I fell through a pile of rotten logs and bruised my shin. Today, a dog bit me, drawing blood (“Are you all right?” “No. Your fucking dog bit me.” I’ve decided to drop the niceties when it comes to out-of-control Labradors.)

This shit happens in threes and then it’s over, right? Because I’m beaten and bruised and done. The dogs know it, too – they started their usual “lets kill each other through the fence” act and a sound emanated from me that I didn’t recognize. The dogs, they cowered.

Meanwhile, before all this crap, I was getting started on Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson (unabridged audiobook version). It’s early days, but I’m already enjoying it. I can’t remember how it ended up on my wish list.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON