Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Countdown - 4 Days

My computer thinks it’s back in Toronto and its clock is saying that it’s really getting late. But I’ve been going since early this morning and I can’t seem to stop. I suffer from a manic intensity. I did well today. Everything else can wait until tomorrow. But my brain is screaming MUST DO SEATING CHART NOW. Why, brain, why?

Things that I am probably going to be obsessing about in bed:
- This gut feeling the drycleaner is ruining my dress.
- The seating chart with my “liven things up” approach could actually be a stupid idea and people will know it was me.
- The hotel better get the food right after all that talk. That’s all I’m saying.
- Am I being a crazy bride?

Things that made me smile:
- My niece and nephew in the bath
- The fact that my Grandma’s boyfriend can come because the ballroom is on the ground floor and won’t inhibit his power chair
- The idea that people we like will be meeting each other and sitting together.
- My dad’s stubborn insistence on speechifying at the wedding.
- The DJ saying he used to party at Checker’s back in the day. I think he understands.
- The fact that my sister / MOH broke every glass thing she touched today. It was uncanny.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 7:20 AM

I didn't do a seating plan and then my side ended up sitting on one side of the room and Dan's on the other. Oops.

Can I get a chance to make you smile? Is it just open house all the time at your parents'? I get back to the Vag on Thursday.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON