Saturday, September 16, 2006

The I'm Alone Update

I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet. Life certainly has not been.

1. My work week was busy, interrupted by loud hammering as Cute Renovation Guy dry-walled our bathroom. I can’t complain about Cute Renovation Guy, except that he left Crusty Tile Guy to finish the majority of the job. Just me and Crusty Tile Guy for two whole days. Even the dogs didn’t like him.

The pinnacle was when he suddenly started cursing a blue streak. I mean, the f-bombs resonated from my basement bathroom window and echoed around the neighbourhood. I have a feeling it would have been a good scene for a movie. I was a bit too nervous to go down and ask, “er, what exactly did you do?”

What he did was drop something heavy and chip the bathtub, then lie about it and say he’d had a problem with caulking. “I’ll be back tomorrow to fix the caulk.” Never saw him again.

2. In wedding sparkling wine news, two separate blind taste tests resulted in the same stand-alone winner. It’s an obvious brand and I wanted to be so different. Wine critic choices were the worst of all, absolute last choice on everyone’s list, leading me to believe they've burned off their taste buds with harsh shiraz (shirazes? shiraz's?). Meanwhile, if you're coming to the wedding, I hope you like it. I certainly enjoyed picking it out. Best wedding planning week ever.

5. What could be better than getting together with friends who stuff you so full of food you can barely move and then give you wine and (cough) 'aperitifs'? Perhaps not doing it on a Tuesday night. Oh, it was less the night and more an issue of my self control. Bottom line, Wednesday sucked. But in a good way.

4. Luckily, by that evening I was finally recovered for Corrie Canuck's Hen Night, held for two of us getting married soon. It was fun.** We wore ‘bride to be’ crowns and had “Learners” signs tied around our necks. I'm having a casual soiree and I'm sort of freaking out. The other bride's throwing a more formal day, it sounds like, and she's as cool as a cucumber. Very admirably so. What's my problem?

3. Trev's in Vancouver attending a friend's wedding. I've finished my laundry, updated Corrie Canuck, cleaned one room, conducted one interview for work and given the dog a long walk that somehow resulted in swindling another free meal out of M. and A.. So I can now reasonably justify a three hour nap, followed by (probably) sushi and a couple movies. I will scan photos for the wedding video, so it's not like I'm a total waste of space, y'all.

Must run, Charlie's ingesting a root system that is probably poisonous.

**Holy crap, how much did I drink this week? No wonder I'm tired and bloated. I'm probably still pickled.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger designrgrl ~ 2:46 PM

ok, now i must know. what champagne wins the blind taste test??? two mentions in your blog warrants the results.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 7:20 PM

Starts with 'H' and rhymes with shenkell. I'm still wondering if I shouldn't go with the lesser known Canadian brands. They might be lesser known for a reason....  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON