Friday, September 01, 2006

Hissing of the Valve

Okay, so slight meltdown yesterday, post work error. It was initiated by what sounded like a dying cat, a scramble for a flashlight, and some harsh words between Trevor and me. For some reason I was convinced that some animal I knew and cared about was getting killed. Kiwi? Lucky? Unfortunately, I ran in the wrong direction. What a superhero.

It was, in fact, Lucky mauling a raccoon and then being hauled into her house by the scruff. Kiwi was waiting on the bed when I climbed into it and pulled the covers over my head. I looked at the clock. It was only 8:47 PM. I burst into tears at the stubborn longevity of the day.

Men get very concerned when women do this. But seriously, boys, it’s the pressure cooker valve. Still, the hug and kisses and stroking of hair is a great tonic, one that will have the desired effect – a return to Corrie and glasses of cool fizzy water.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON