Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why I Need To Go Hide In My Bed UPDATED

Without going into specifics because it’s work related, you know those times when you forget to delete something in an email and forward it to the wrong person? When the rather brutal comments that were only meant for private eyes have now just been sent to the very person they were about? It’s a very physical moment. Your productive day comes to a screeching halt as this incredible horror washes slowly down your body and you realize what you just did.

I’m farked.

UPDATED TO ADD:
I have a very understanding Supervisor. I'm still completely mortified. Trevor’s bringing home emergency beer.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



4 comments:

Blogger About James ~ 2:17 PM

Shame on you! Have you learned nothing from the CNN anchor microphone incident yesterday?  


Blogger Amalia ~ 2:48 PM

No kidding, huh? At least I didn't bash my family. Just indirectly deeply insulted a stranger.

Sigh. Still not drunk yet.  


Blogger Jacqueline ~ 11:40 AM

I once forwarded an email from an annoying lady on to my best friend.

I added to the email, 'Oh god, how do I get this woman out of my life?'

'cepting I didnt' hit 'forward', I hit 'reply'.

and I'm an ass.  


Blogger Amalia ~ 11:47 AM

Oh no, Jacqueline! I think that particular feeling of realization is one of the most horrible in human experience.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON