Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tarot News

WORKING: I just got a personal invitation to a private event for the author of my new Tarot bible. Not only am I already going to the workshop, but I get to be at a dinner where the people who really know will be informally talking about all things Tarot.
WORKING: I can hardly believe it!
TREV: holy crap, babe! That's fantastic!
WORKING: It's freakin' amazing!
TREV: way to go! who are you talking about?
WORKING: My Tarot reader / teacher invited me.
WORKING: The expert's coming up from the States.
WORKING: She is probably the foremost in the Tarot field right now, along with Rachel Pollack.
WORKING: "along with Rachel Pollack". I'm such a nerd.
TREV: you could've said "along with Mike Fitsimmons." or "along with Leopold Barjanjapittles” for all I know
WORKING: Exactly. It's completely irrelevant to anyone outside of this world.
TREV: I could've said (in the context of Superman artists) "along with John Byrne." That would be the same thing.
WORKING: Yes. That is exactly the same thing.
WORKING: = nerdom
WORKING: But I'm so excited!
WORKING: I'm going to try not to gush when I'm there. I think that's dorky.
TREV: Gushing is bad.
TREV: best to fake like its no biggie and you're supposed to be there.
WORKING: My urge is less to gush and more to prove how much I know and impress them. I have to control that.
WORKING: At my level, I have nothing to say that these people haven't thought about and written about. This is a big chance for me to learn beyond what I know and that should be my goal.
TREV: listen and learn, grasshopper.
TREV: and confidently give your opinion when asked.
TREV: and thank the one who invited you at the end
WORKING: Look at you, Mr. Manners! Good tip, though. I hope I don't forget. Must remember to bring some wine for the host.
WORKIGN: I’m so excited!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON