Monday, August 14, 2006

30 Days

Trevor and I started working on our creative project for our wedding. One component was a sort of ‘airing of grievances’. I laughed my ass off when he described my slovenly ways, how I never close cupboard doors and leave my socks everywhere. It didn’t bother me when he poked fun of my past. I did the same to him.

The only thing that got to me? When he said I tend to talk a lot about the dog to other people. A lot. To the point of boring. And that I’ll likely be the same way about my kids.

I knew about my slobishness. I’m at peace with my chaos. But to suddenly realize I’m ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. Those f%cking dog people. Holy sh!t. I need time to digest this. I need to rethink this. I need more hobbies.

Further inspiration for the “30 Days of Getting My Sh!t Together” campaign. We’ve had the first cool nights of the summer and it makes me think about Autumn, crisp nights and turning leaves. New projects and new office supplies (I love shopping for office supplies). New schedules and a renewed commitment to structure. So this week I am launching 30-days of realignment:

- 30 days of AM/PM Yoga
- 30 days of one-hour walks with the dog
- 30 days of writing
- 30 days of Tarot
- 30 days of half hour of housecleaning a day

They say after 30 days, it becomes habit. Yes, it’s bloody ambitious, considering I have to fit it all between things like groceries and dishes and sleep and television and, oh yeah, my full-time job which threatens to truly SUCK this month. But the time is now. Now is the time. Feel my buzz, people!

Updates here. Will I fall off the 30-day wagon? Or will I actually succeed and then bore you to freakin' tears with preachings of “how easy it is if YOU only have the commitment, too"? You know, like one of THOSE people. Stay tuned!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



4 comments:

Blogger About James ~ 11:52 AM

You're lazy and weak.

Good luck!  


Blogger Amalia ~ 11:57 AM

Ha! I'll learn ya. You just watch.  


Blogger Eden ~ 1:25 PM

I'm one of those baby people, so I'm going to say, "Do it now, while you have the time!"  


Blogger Elan Morgan ~ 9:25 PM

I love the new template!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON