Saturday, July 01, 2006

Weekend Getaway

It’s T-minus 3 hours until we hit the road for a weekend trip. You can tell because we’re having this conversation:

“Where’s the cable for the digital camera?”
“Why are we taking the cable?”
“I dunno, in case we need it.”
“Why are we going to need it? We’re only going for two days.”
“It’s just a stupid little cord!”
“I hate packing all this superfluous stuff. That’s one thing about you, you pack too much crap.”
“And you never pack enough.”
“I dare you to unplug for the weekend.”
“No.”
“Come on, leave your laptop.”
“No.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know! I like having it, okay? Jesus.”
“You’ll never use it.”
“I just like having it. Besides, if we’re stuck in traffic for 8 hours I can work on stuff.”
“I guess. By the way, I can’t find my keys.”
“Great. Which ones are we going to leave for Matt and Adrienne?”
“I dunno… yours? Oh man.”
“What?”
“You forgot to list me as a driver on the rental!”
“I guess I’m driving.”
“No you’re not.”
“Fine. I’m going to clean the bathroom.”
"Charlie, don’t roll, you just had a bath. DON’T ROLL. CHARLIE! STOP! BAD. DOG.”
“Kiwi just took off down the block.”

(later)

"Can I post our conversation on my blog?"
"No."

(even more later)
"I found you something at the neighbour's yard sale. As a peace offering."
"Oh. My. God."
"It's R2-D2!"
"I know what it is."
"It's art!"
"What is art, really?"


posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON