Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ten Calls in Ten Minutes

PHONE CALL 1
EDNA: Hi, Working? This is Edna the babysitter.
WORKING: Where are you? They needed you on set, like, 10 minutes ago!
EDNA: I’m walking west on King. You told me King and Spadina.
WORKING: Yeah....
EDNA: So I got off the streetcar but I think that it is too far from here. You told me building number ###.
WORKING: Oh no. I gave you the wrong address. Can you catch a cab?
EDNA: Okay….
WORKING: Keep the receipt.
EDNA: Okay.

PHONE CALL 2
EDNA: Hi, Working? This is Edna the babysitter. I’m at the building but there is no door.
WORKING: No door?
EDNA: No.
WORKING: Okay, I’ll call someone.

PHONE CALL 3
WORKING: Hi Edna? It’s Working. Go to the side street.
EDNA: I did. I am here with the security guard. But I don’t have a key.
WORKING: A key?
EDNA: To get in the elevator.
WORKING: Ask the security guard to let you up.
EDNA: Okay.

PHONE CALL 4
WORKING: Hello?
WOMAN: &#^$ YOU MOTHER$&#^! DON’T JUST STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ^$%#@& INTERSECTION!!
WORKING: I’m sorry?
WOMAN: HONK! HONK
WORKING: Hello? Hello? Heeelllllooooo? Click.

PHONE CALL 5
EDNA: Hi Working? This is Edna the babysitter. The security guard won’t let me in.
WORKING: Really? Okay. Have the security guard call the suite to buzz you up.
EDNA: Okay.

PHONE CALL 6
WORKING: Hello?
WOMAN: &%$# YOU!!! #@$#
WORKING: HELLO!!!!
WOMAN: GET OUT OF MY #$%#^ WAY!!! Honk, honk!
WORKING: HELLOOOOO! YOUR CELL PHONE IS CALLING ME! HELLO?

PHONE CALL 7
EDNA: Hi, Working? This is Edna the babysitter. The man in the suite said he didn’t know an Edna.
WORKING: Are you kidding me?
EDNA: The security guard wants to talk to you.
WORKING: Okay.
SECURITY GUARD: Hi Ms. Working. Edna here needs to go up to suite ###?
WORKING: Yes. They need her on set. Any chance you can let her in?
SECURITY GUARD: Of course!
WORKING: Great.

PHONE CALL 8
WORKING: Hello?
WOMAN: YOU %$%#$$@&^#$%--
WORKING: Oh no you don’t.
Dials back. Voice mail.
WORKING: Hi. This is Working at ###-###-####. Your cell phone keeps calling me and when I pick up, you’re swearing like a sailor at traffic. I thought you should know.

PHONE CALL 9
EDNA: Hi Working, this is Edna the babysitter. I’m at suite ###.
WORKING: Oh good.
EDNA: But there’s no one there.
WORKING: What?
EDNA: No one will answer the door.
WORKING: Are you kidding me? Okay, I’ll call you back.

PHONE CALL 10
WORKING: Hi Edna. Working. Turns out they’re on lunch until 2:30. I didn’t know.
EDNA: But you told me to be there at 1:00pm sharp?
WORKING: I know, I know. I thought, well, anyway, I messed that up. I’m so sorry. Er, can you go to lunch or something?
EDNA: I guess so.
WORKING: Thanks Edna.
EDNA: Okay.
WORKING: Keep the receipt.
EDNA: Okay.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger palinode ~ 12:34 AM

Holy holy hell.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON