Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ode to Our Corrie

Can you love a show too much? I think you can. Maybe you go around stalking actors, thinking they are their characters? That's a little overboard, right? And if you’re doing that, maybe you need to think about taking a vacation? (That doesn’t mean a vacation to go do more stalking)

I admit it, I have a bit of a passion for a show. But it’s a really good show, is ‘our Corrie’. I mean, four plus decades and still going! I like a show with history and so many threads. Those writers will pick up a thread, run with it a bit and then suddenly drop it. If you like American-style soaps, this show isn’t for you.

If you like chips and lagers and expressions like “sod off!” and “yew whot?”, you might dig this show.

On Tuesday, we had the pleasure of attending an annual Corrie gathering at a local pub. I had the fish ‘n chips and Trevor had bangers and mash because we're nerds (sorry, love, but it's true). And apparently I don’t want to fit into my wedding dress (which doesn’t actually exist yet. I should probably get on that).

One lady dressed up like Bet Lynch. The organizer pasted stickers on our back that had character names on them. It was a 20-questions thing. Trevor and I turned out to be long-standing rivals Ken Barlow and Mike Baldwin (Note that Ken Barlow (actor William Roache) has been on since the very first episode in 1960).

Feel free to send me your Corrie questions. I now have access to a whole new batch of real experts. Thanks to them for throwing a truly fun evening. On the night of Cilla's wedding, no less! I mean, that's memorable.

I want to know: Has there ever been a show in your life for which you would completely 'nerd out'? I mean, attend a convention or pub night? Come on, fess up.

Now, Corrie Quotes for your reading pleasure (found on IMDB):

Cilla Brown: Owt you've got to say to Les, you can say to me! Got it?

Janice Battersby: Well, what if I was going to say, he's going out wih a fat, ugly, useless trollope. Bin it!


And:

Sean Tully: Think... think. What would Angela Lansbury do in this situation?

Isn’t it just devine?

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 10:20 AM

I am signing you up for "Intervention" on A & E. You have a problem!  


Blogger Amalia ~ 10:27 AM

Whot???? You're daft.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON