Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Stinks and Here's Why:

“Has the compost truck come yet?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
“What’s that smell?”
“Skunk dead on the road.”
“Oh. If they haven’t come already, I think I’m going to transfer some of that other compost.”
“What compost?”
“The stuff extra stuff in the garbage that obviously should be in the green bin. The stuff that’s been smelling so bad.”
“Be my guest. I’m not touching it.”

* * *

“There. Done. Just in time, too – there’s the truck.”
“How was it?”
“Not bad....”
“Good.”
“...except for the maggots."



Editor's Note: I was disappointed to see there were so many fewer maggots upon my return to take this picture. I guess they don't like light and are now burrowed into old dogfood. But you get the idea. Isn't Science fun?!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger About James ~ 9:01 AM

Yuck! I've never seen a maggot before.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON