Monday, June 26, 2006

Super Powers

WORKING: I'd like to see “Marie Antoinette”.
TREV: I heard there were boo's at Cannes
WORKING: I know. But they take their history very seriously.
TREV: and their cheese.
WORKING: And wine, it turns out.
TREV: and...
TREV: um
WORKING:
First, let's set the record straight: Sofia Coppola's period film "Marie Antoinette," which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on May 24, was not universally despised. Yes, there was booing at that infamous first press screening on Wednesday morning. But there was also applause, and even some cheers.

The French newspaper Le Parisien thought the film was great. "It's funny, enlightened, insolent and full of possibility," wrote François Vey. "In a word, iconoclastic. Too bad we didn't have Sofia Coppola for our history professor."
(Excerpt from LA Times, May 26th).
TREV: I'd see it. I just can't stand Dunst
TREV: So, as a compromise, I have purchased two tickets to the 10pm Tuesday screening of “Superman Returns”. Happy? Yes, I know you are.
TREV: no need to thank me.
WORKING: I knew Superman would somehow make his way into this discussion.
TREV: It’s one of his many powers. Making his way into conversations. It comes somewhere between super-knuckle cracking and super-nose picking.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON