Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wrong Side of the Bed

I woke up all wrong today. Trev got up very early to go to the gym and when he left, the animals decided to start two hours of a bed-shaking game of taunt-and-chase.

Then I managed to make the grossest tasting cup of morning tea ever. I’m still confounded as to what went wrong.

This all launched the Day of Suck. It’s been a long time since I’ve managed to perform this poorly (of course, it was hard to screw up unemployment). Everyone at Head Office is laughing openly at my bad luck, so they can’t be that upset about it. But still, I cringe when the phone rings, preparing my latest round of “I’m so sorry!”

Looking back, I see that I started out all wrong. I should have, I dunno, SHOT the cat and dog. Then woken up properly.

I don’t have a gun though, more’s the pity.

* * *
TREV: I like your blog entry
WORKING: Wow, you're quick! I haven't even signed out of Blogger.
TREV: really? I checked it on a whim.
WORKING: We're so connected.
WORKING: That could be in our vows. "Remember? All those times with the blog? And how I just wrote it? And then, like, you suddenly got an urge to CHECK MY BLOG? Man. That's why we're so meant to be."
TREV: totally, babe.
TREV: "lets download each other."

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON