Monday, May 01, 2006

Cards On The Table

WORKING: How did you feel about that (pre-marital financial counseling) meeting this morning?
TREVOR: I felt good. I realize it wasn't a detailed consultation, pretty basic based on our expenses. But it made me feel confident that we're on the right track, that we're being considerate of our situation. I look forward to implementing the budget soon and succeeding at it so we can move on to more advanced things. Mortgages, investments and, perhaps, real estate!
WORKING: Me too.
WORKING: I realize we won’t be able to do the things we really want to do (travel) right now. But this time next year and the year after, things are going to look way sweeter. The money we won't have to put into debt can go into savings.
WORKING: I think I'll still go to that other meeting on Wednesday, see if they suggest even more ways.
TREVOR: we have to be vigilant not to encur any more debt
WORKING: That's huge.
WORKING: it's not like we have a lot of extras. I mean, $0 for a clothing budget? Gulp.
TREVOR: yeah, I know.
WORKING: I guess that just means that if we want extras, we have to earn extra $$. That can be done.
TREVOR: yep
WORKING: It's so weird looking at our numbers. My parents did so much more with so much less when I was growing up. And they had 5 kids….
WORKING: We really do have it pretty easy.
TREVOR: indeed
WORKING: I think this whole budget thing will give me a greater appreciation for the things we have already.
WORKING: Actually watch some of those great movies you have.
WORKING: Read the books we have.
WORKING: Whatever it takes to save up more beer money in the budget. Because dude.... $30 a month?!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON